• Pages

  • comments

    If you have popped over here from my facebook page could you please add comments in the blog rather than on the link on facebook itself. I dont want to worry YD unnecessarily Thanks. You can now use your facebook log in so you dont need to enter extra details if you like
  • All about Gertrude

    Gertrude is the name we decided to call my cancerous breast hence the title of this blog. Although I had to keep my breast through chemo and radiation due to the nature of IBC - once it 'blew up' it no longer looked like my breast and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Calling it Gertrude was a way of seperating it from myself. This main page is where I write about the general goings on that relate to Gertrude, there is another page that are more a diary of treatments etc This blog is a public blog so although I am being very honest about my battle with Gertrude I have "changed names to protect the innocent" - because everyone can see it if you write comments on the blog pages please use the same abbreviations for other family member or friends that I do. Please feel free to ask questions if you want clarification because then other people who might have been wondering the same thing can read your question and our answers.
  • Abbreviations

    OH- Other Half (Hubby), OD- Oldest Daughter, MD- Middle Daugher, YD- Youngest Daughter, SB- soulja boi MD's fiance in the army (now ex fiance), OD's R OD's partner, BS- Breast surgeon whose initials just happen to be BS as well, BC- our GP (family doctor), Dr H- my medical oncologist, all other friends family etc will be referred to as initials etc
  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 60 other followers

  • visitors


    No Princess Alone button

the week that was

Well the weeks gone well. YD’s IEP was put off til this coming Thursday.
I almost missed my herceptin chemo appointment on Friday I had written the right time on the calendar and in my diary but hadn’t looked closely at them for about a week. Usually my chemo has been at 11am. So I merrily thought to myself that it was the same this time – not so – it was at 10am m so at 9.10 there was a mad scramble to get me out the door and in the car. Thank God I had a smooth run through on the motorway. I got there right on time Pheeewwww!!!!!
The hospital rung yesterday and I have my echocardiogram happening this coming Monday at Middlemore. Hopefully my heart will be fine with no side effects from the herceptin showing yet.
When I went to the dentist she pulled one tooth out and filled another but wants me to have another 2 pulled out before I get my new plate. She’s going to do them on Thursday , she was going to do it on Monday but I had to reschedule after the hospital rung. I am taking YD away for the weekend the first weekend of April as a birthday treat, I may have to go without my new partial plate being ready but I’ve promised her we will go so I am just going to have to keep my mouth closed more when I’m talking to people.

Previous Post
Leave a comment


  1. jenny

     /  March 21, 2009

    your life sounds nearly as busy as mine….and your meant to be taking it easy.

  2. jayne

     /  March 22, 2009

    Where has March gone? – or nearly gone.
    Hears hoping the weather holds out for you and YD for the weekend.
    Hope to hear about it on your return. I will see how you are situated later this week, brief visit to you, maybe…? Catch up on all the other news…
    I’ll txt first though,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: